Small Business Accounting
Depending on your size, volume and needs, we can customize our services to fit your business. Whether we provide monthly, quarterly or annual financial statements for you. We can also customize whether we process your accounts payable for you or check your coding. We work with many types of industries and sizes from sole proprietors to larger corporations. We are here to work for you and make your job easier.
We are QuickBooks Pro Advisors and can help you learn the program, help you set up the program or help you fix items in the program. Training is on a one-on-one basis and is per hour. Please provide a review of our QuickBooks help on the Intuit site:
For Pat Jones, CPA/ABV/CFF CFE: Click Here
For Traci Malik, CPA/CFF CFE Macc: Click Here
An audit provides the highest level of assurance. An audit is a methodical review and objective examination of the financial statements, including the verification of specific information as determined by the auditor or as established by general practice. Our work includes a review of internal controls, testing of selected transactions, and communication with third parties. Based on our findings, we issue a report on whether the financial statements are fairly stated and free of material misstatements. We perform audits and reviews of homeowner and condominium associations.
An Audit Allows You To…
• Satisfy stakeholders such as employees, customers, suppliers and pressure groups, as well as the investing community, as to the credibility of published information.
• Facilitate the payment of corporate tax, goods and services tax, and other taxes on-time and accurately, thereby avoiding interest, penalties, and investigations.
• Comply with banking covenants.
• Help deter and detect material fraud and error.
• Facilitate the purchase and sale of businesses.
A review is less extensive than an audit, but more involved than a compilation. A review engagement consists primarily of analytical procedures we apply to the financial statements, and various inquiries we make of your company’s management team. If the financial statements or supporting information appear inconsistent or otherwise questionable, we may need to perform additional procedures.
A review doesn’t require us to study and evaluate your company’s internal controls or verify data with third parties or physically inspect assets. Rather, a review report expresses limited assurance in the form of the statement: “We are not aware of any material modifications” for the financial statements to be in conformity with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Reviewed financial statements must include all required footnotes and other disclosures.
In compiling financial statements for a client, we present information that is the “representation of management” and expresses no opinion or assurance on the statements. Compilations don’t require inquiries of management or analytical procedures. Instead, we rely on our knowledge of accounting principles and a general understanding of your business.
Our business plans allow a greater chance for you to get the financing your small business needs. It includes:
• Executive Summary: Where we concisely state the purpose of the loan, the exact amount of money required, an explanation of what the loan will be used for and why it’s needed.
• Pro-forma Cash Budgets and Financial Statements: We use your data and underlying assumptions to prepare information that your banker can easily read and understand.
• Owner’s Personal Financial Statements: We calculate your net worth to show the lender your assets and liabilities in an easy to read format.
New Business Formations
Our firm helps you get started with your new business by creating the entity with the State, getting the EIN from the Internal Revenue Service, making any elections with the Internal Revenue Service that are required and ordering your corporate book with the necessary documents.
We can help you set up your non-profit and prepare the necessary Internal Revenue documents to become a qualified charity. Our firm is well versed in non-profits and can do your accounting and financials as well.
Our firm has experience with filing all the necessary financial schedules for the license application for the State.